26.11.10

Cookie Dreams



So now that things are gearing up for the holidays, it's time for me to start baking. By the end of December, I'll have participated in a couple of cookie swaps, and have handed out baskets of goodies to at least 2 dozen people. Last year, my husband kept on adding people that he worked with, even in other states! I am always looking for new recipes. I have my old favorites - Grandma cookies,-a family twist on Scottish shortbread, and my hubby's favorite the good ol' chocolate chip.


"Cookie Swap", by Lauren Chattman, Workman Publishing, offers plenty of choices. There are color photographs with each recipe. I don't know about you, but I like to know what my end product is "supposed" to look like. It doesn't always turn out that way, but as long as they taste good, they work. And my family gets to eat all of the "mistakes". Biscotti, Sesame Ginger Munchies, and Lemon-Poppy Seed Cornmeal Cookies along with Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies are all just calling out my name for me to bake them.

-Debbie Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment